The Executive Committee and the Consultation and Guidelines Committee of the International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM) are pleased to announce an opening for a Methodologist position.
The ICSM (International Consultation on Sexual Medicine) is one of the projects that is highly prioritized by the ISSM Executive Committee (EC) for (at least) the next 4 years. The ISSM EC is in the process having the ICSM create systematic reviews. The goal is to develop 2 to 3 systematic reviews per year. Two topics have already been decided on and are being executed (see: https://professionals.issm.info/resources/icsm/). The plan for the future is to identify a schedule of topics to be developed as systematic reviews in the next two to four years. For each specific topic a sub-committee of experts will be identified, who will be responsible for the creation of the specific systematic review. To assist in this great task, the ISSM EC has arranged that the committees can make use of a librarian and furthermore, the ISSM EC is looking for a methodologist who will extract data from selected studies and be responsible for the data management process together with the chair of sub-committees.
Applications should be sent to the ISSM business office (email@example.com) by January 31, 2021. Applications should contain a current CV and motivation letter. The applicant must also include the names and contact details of two referees. An honorarium commensurate with the role of the methodologist will be available.
Questions? Feel free to contact the ISSM business office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description – Systematic Review Methodologist
International Consultation on Sexual Medicine (ICSM)
Function/Duties of Position:
Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience in evidence review methods (e.g. systematic reviews, rapid reviews), which includes;
- Topic identification
- Selected and comprehensive literature searches
- Study selection
- Critical appraisal of studies
- Evidence synthesis
- Grading the quality of the evidence
- Writing and presentation of evidence synthesis products.
In addition, candidates have experience in project management, which includes;
- Independently track report progress
- Anticipating next steps
- Gather required information from internal and external contacts to produce high-quality, timely reports.
- Master’s degree or PhD (preferred) with a concentration in epidemiology or biostatistics, health services research, or related field, with direct experience in the theory and practice of systematic reviews (e.g., a certificate or equivalent)
- At least 3 years of experience assisting with obtaining and synthesizing health research information and drafting this information into narrative reports and presentations
- Experience in evaluating and conducting meta-analyses and other data analyses
- Record of peer-reviewed publication
- Experience working with systematic review applications (e.g., DistillerSR and Covidence) and statistical software programs (e.g., SAS, SPSS). Proficient IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and EndNote.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient approaches to searches using Cochrane Library, PubMed, Ovid MEDLINE, and skills with Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Lead implementation of systematic literature review’s including developing search strategies, protocols, screening, data extraction, and quality control in collaboration with the librarian and committee chairs and members.
- Collaboration with librarian and committee members to ensure high quality and timely work and review in detail the work that is produced.
- Synthesize data qualitatively and quantitatively (meta-analysis and NMA).
- Work without supervision independently and/or as part of a project team on defined tasks.
- Work effectively across time zones as part of a global team.