For the 2nd consecutive year, the ISSM Excellence in Research Award will be awarded to an individual who has contributed significantly to research in sexual medicine. ISSM members are invited to nominate one or more candidates. The deadline for nominations is October 30, 2023.
Nomination period opens: August 1, 2023
Nomination deadline: October 30, 2023
- Applicants should be an ISSM member for at least 2 years prior to the application.
- Self-nominations are allowed, but each candidate needs at least 2 references of ISSM members who support the nomination.
- The research should have significantly impacted the field of Sexual Medicine. The judgment criteria are: research publications (The H-index as assessed by public Google Scholar data), and societal and clinical impact.
- The deadline for applications is October 30, 2023.
The ISSM Grants & Prizes Committee will thoroughly review the nominations, and a recommendation will be made to the ISSM Executive Committee for the selected awardee.
The chosen recipient will be notified in December 2023.
To honor their achievement, the awardee will be featured in a special award ceremony held during the 24th World Meeting on Sexual Medicine in Dubai, scheduled from December 15 to 17, 2023.
As a symbol of recognition, the awardee will receive a prestigious plaque. Please note that in order to receive the award, it is required for the recipient to be present at the meeting.
How to nominate?
A complete awards package must be submitted via the ISSM’s online application system to nominate a colleague.
A complete application must include:
- Completed nomination form
- Statement of nomination
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae (CV)
All applicants will be contacted via email by the ISSM Executive Office regarding the outcome of the adjudication process. At such time, winners will be asked to accept their award, and confirm their attendance at the upcoming Joint ISSM/MESSM Annual Scientific Meeting in collaboration with the Emirates Urological Society from December 15-17, 2023, in Dubai, UAE.