Join us in our mission to be the most respected and trusted source of information, education, and professional development on human sexual health by delivering world-class quality publications, research findings, and opportunities for knowledge exchange initiated by the ISSM Scientific Review Committee.
We are looking for Subcommittee Members to contribute to a Systematic Review on Mindfulness and Sexual Health to be published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine (JSM), covering an in-depth analysis of the literature on mindfulness as a treatment for sexual health concerns and sexual dysfunctions.
The subcommittee on Mindfulness and Sexual Health, chaired by Dr. Lori Brotto of the University of British Columbia, will prepare and disseminate a Systematic Review on the efficacy of Mindfulness in Sexual Health-related problems.
We invite all ISSM Members to apply for the ISSM Systematic Review on Mindfulness and Sexual Health.
A completed (online) application form must be submitted before October 10, 2023.
What You Can Expect?
Sub-committee Members will receive training and assistance from professional methodologists to join in a collaborative process with the following steps:
- Elaboration of the PICO and registration of the systematic review protocol.
- Selection and evaluation of abstracts and full-text articles (Screening Process).
- Data extraction from included studies
- Assessment of the methodological quality of the studies.
- Drafting of scientific outputs.
- Public dissemination.
The anticipated presentation of findings is scheduled for the ISSM World Meeting on Sexual Medicine (WSMS) in 2025.
What We Ask For?
- Applicants must be ISSM full members in good standing before the deadline (Not a member yet? Apply here);
- Applicants will serve on the Sub-committee in the period it takes to prepare the review on the topic (expected timeframe up to 2 years).
- Applicants are requested to state their clinical or research experience within the specified topic; Experience in the development of reviews and a brief statement of interest explaining why you are interested in serving on the Sub-committee, including any relevant experience you have with the work of the Sub-committee.
- Click here for the Terms of Reference.
- The subcommittee Chair will select Committee Members with input from the ISSM Scientific Review Committee.
- Applicants will receive notification of their selection status no later than November 10, 2023.