ISSM Webinar on Vulvodynia: clinical answers
- 30 January, 2022
This ISSM Webinar will be about Vulvodynia: clinical answers.
Persistent pain, irritation, burning or discomfort in the area of the vulva is a detrimental condition that may compromise simple activities, such as sitting in a cinema. When there is no identifiable cause, this condition is named vulvodynia. Vulvodynia has a negative effect on women's well-being, and it can severely compromise their sexual life.Our webinar will comprehensively look at these phenomena, exploring its medical and interpersonal undertones, while looking challenges faced by clinicians and viable solutions.
- Opening by Prof. Annamaria Giraldi, ISSM President (Denmark)
- Introduction of faculty by the moderator: Marieke Dewitte (the Netherlands)
- Lecture on hormonally mediated vestibulodynia - Andrew T. Goldstein (USA)
- Lecture on Couple intervention in Vulvodynia - Sophie Bergeron (Canada)
- Q&A session (25-45 minutes)