APSSM: Asian Pacific Society for Sexual Medicine
The purposes and objectives of the non-profit APSSM are the following:
- To establish a scientific society to benefit the public by encouraging the highest standards of practice, education, and research in the field of male & female sexual function, dysfunction & reproductive health.
- To develop and assist in developing scientific methods for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions affecting or associated with male & female sexual function, dysfunction & reproductive health.
- To promote the publication and encourage contributions to the medical and scientific literature in the field of male & female sexual function, dysfunction & reproductive health.
- To provide a forum for sharing experience and information for professionals from a range of specialties involved in the management of the male & female sexual function, dysfunction & reproductive health.
- To raise awareness and understanding of male & female sexual function, dysfunction & reproductive health. and its management options amongst healthcare professionals and the public & the media via press conferences, the printed word , the internet, etc;
- Encourage and promote research into all aspects of sexual function & dysfunction, including, but not limited to, the cause, prevention , cure and the relief of debility associated with sexual dysfunction.
- Network with local, recreational and regional health authorities, specialists, health care providers, voluntary welfare organizations and non-governmental organizations.
- To assist healthcare professionals to motivate men & women to seek help with respect to problems relating to their sexual function, dysfunction & reproductive health & to achieve this by faciliting the dissemination of accurate information about preventive and curative methods to patients and the public.
- To provide and promote education concerning sexual health by the expansion, advancement and dissemination of knowledge concerning all aspects of sexual health.