The ISSM hereby has the pleasure to announce ISSM scholarships to attend the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine or the Advance Course taking place from 6 – 15 November 2020 in Budapest, Hungary.
ISSM is offering 10 scholarships covering the full amount of the registration fee. The registration fee is inclusive of tuition fees, meals and accommodation. ISSM scholars will need to pay for their own travel and any additional expenses. The funds will be paid out directly to the ESSM.
Program and requirements
Participants of the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine will have the opportunity to learn the essentials of sexuality that are necessary for effective clinical practice. The newly introduced advanced course is dedicated to the experienced scientists Health Care professionals.
In order to improve the program and to adjust to the requirements of the participants, ESSM has established (since 2019) two separated courses (an ESSM school and the Advanced Course) according to level of knowledge and skills. Click here for more information on the ESSM School and the Advanced Course.
Who can apply to the ESSM School or Advanced Course?
The ESSM program is intended for clinicians seeking to acquire the knowledge and skills essential for practice (school course) or to gather advanced knowledge and improve skills (Advanced course) in Sexual Medicine and Clinical Sexology.
Requirements to apply for the Advanced Course
- More than 5 years working clinically in Sexual Medicine or Clinical Sexology AND
- Attended specific training in Sexual Medicine/Clinical Sexology or ESSM school
- Work in multidisciplinary team OR
- Already FECSM or ECPS
Eligibility for the ISSM Scholarship
- Scholarships are available to first-time attendees only.
- Applicants must be ISSM full members in good standing, before the deadline (for becoming an ISSM full member, please visit https://app.v1.statusplus.net/membership/apply/index?society=issm);
- Applications can be submitted by members at various stages of their professional career (e.g., Masters and PhD students, postdocs, and lecturers), but applications from those working in lower-income countries and/or who are experiencing financial hardship will be given priority;
- A completed scholarship online application form should be submitted including a resume and a short explanation of the need for the scholarship.
- A written proof* of professional degree is required (* Written proof: a letter from your organization signed by the chairman of the department where you are employed stating your professional degree.).
Application and deadline
Scholarships are available to first-time attendees only. The deadline to apply for an ISSM scholarship is June 15, 2020. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. The scholarships will be allocated based on need. The assessment will be made by the Grants & Prizes Committee and reviewed by the ISSM Executive Committee. Applicants will be informed about the status of their application end of July, 2020.
For more information on the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine and Advance Course please visit: http://www.essm.org/.
How to apply:
Click here to apply for an ISSM scholarship to attend the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine or the Advance Course 2020 (deadline June 15, 2020).
Luiz Otavio Torres