This ISSM Webinar is jointly organized with WAS, the World Association for Sexual Health, and will be about Sexual pleasure in clinical settings.
Sexual pleasure is often overlapped with the experience of orgasm, a fallacy that fails to grasp the complexity of this important sexual outcome and as a main motivation for sexual activity. recently sexual pleasure has gained attention as a fundamental human right and is currently the focus of sexual justice advocacy and research. However, it has largely been neglected as the focus or even a secondary outcome of interest in clinical intervention. In this webinar we claim to call attention for the importance that clinicians need to pay to sexual pleasure.
- Opening by ISSM and WAS Presidents
- Welcome and short introduction by Annamaria Giraldi, President ISSM
- Welcome and short introduction by Elna Rudolph, President Was
- Welcome by the moderator – Alain Giami (France)
- Sexual pleasure in research – Erick Janssen (Belgium)
- How to Ethically put Pleasure in Sexual Medicine Consultations – Elna Rudolph (South Africa)
- Challenges in clinical practices – Patricia Pascoal (Portugal)
- Q&A Session