We are no longer accepting applications for the 2021 WMSM Travel stipends, as the WMSM is organized virtual. The cycle for the 2022 ISSM Travel Stipends to the WMSM is scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2022.
ISSM Travel Stipends to the ISSM World Meeting on Sexual Medicine
Every world meeting a number of travel stipends to be determined by the ISSM Board of Directors is made available for ISSM members to attend the World Meeting on Sexual Medicine. The stipend will contribute to covering travel, living expenses, and meeting registration fees. The funds will be paid out as a reimbursement after the meeting, based on specification of the expenses.
The travel stipends will be allocated based on need. ISSM members active in ISSM committees who apply (and without funding would not have the opportunity to attend the WMSM) will receive extra scoring in the assessment process. The assessment will be made by the Grants & Prizes Committee and reviewed by the ISSM Executive Committee. The travel stipends are only available to ISSM full members.
- Applicants must be ISSM full members in good standing, before the deadline (not a member yet? Apply here)
- Applicants should have submitted an abstract for the meeting. This will be verified before the reimbursement, but no proof that a poster or talk is accepted is necessary at the application stage;
- People who received an ISSM travel stipend in the last five years are not eligible;
- Applications can be submitted by members at various stages of their professional career (e.g., Masters and PhD students, postdocs, and lecturers), but applications from those working in lower-income countries and/or who are experiencing financial hardship will be given priority;
- A completed (online) application form should be submitted including a resume and a short explanation of the need for the travel stipend;
- People applying for a travel stipend are not permitted to receive additional travel funding support from a third party, e.g. from their institution, third-party funding or other grants;
- A written proof* of professional degree is required (* Written proof: a letter from your organization signed by the chairman of the department where you are employed stating your professional degree.).
Requirements when receiving the Travel Stipend:
- Include the ISSM logo in your poster or presentation and mention the ISSM travel stipend in the acknowledgements;
- Send in a completed claim form with the original tickets and receipts attached to reimburse you on your personal account;
- Send us a picture of you in front of your poster at the meeting or a picture of you presenting your research and if possible, also actively tweet during the conference using the hashtag of the WMSM.