ISSM Scholarships 2017 - ESSM School of Sexual Medicine
April 20, 2017
The ISSM hereby has the pleasure to announce ISSM scholarships to attend the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine.
- A completed scholarship online application form should be submitted including a resume and a short explanation of the need for the scholarship.
- A written proof of professional degree is required (a letter from your organization signed by the chairman of the department where you are employed stating your professional degree).
- Applications will only be accepted from ISSM members in good standing. If you are not a member, you can apply here.
- Applications from those working in lower income countries (World Health Organization Development Index ≤0.8), those who are experiencing financial hardship, and/or those with limited resources will be given priority.
The ESSM School of Sexual Medicine was a joint venture established by the European Society for Sexual Medicine and the European Federation of Sexology. The first “Oxford Course” was run in 2007. As in previous years, this year, the ESSM will deliver a learning curriculum based upon the UEMS Joint Committee for Sexual Medicine syllabus and the EFS/ESSM Syllabus of Clinical Sexology. The program is intended for clinicians seeking to acquire the knowledge and skills essential for practice in Sexual Medicine and Clinical Sexology. Medically-qualified participants should find the program helpful when preparing for the Fellowship of the European Committee of Sexual Medicine examination (more info http://www.mjcsm.org).
The running cost of the complete Programme is more than EUR 3,500 per person, but it is partly subsidised by generous support from the European Society for Sexual Medicine. Hence, the registration fee for the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine 2017 is now EUR 2,300.
- ISSM is offering 10 scholarships covering the full amount of the registration fee. The registration fee is inclusive of tuition fees, meals and accommodation. ISSM scholars will need to pay for their own travel and any additional expenses.
Application and deadline
- Scholarships are available to first-time attendees.
- The deadline to apply for an ISSM scholarship is June 1st, 2017. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
- The travel stipends will be allocated based on need.
- The assessment will be made by the Grants & Prizes Committee and reviewed by the ISSM Executive Committee.
- Applicants will be informed about the status of their application by June 30th, 2017.
For more information on the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine please visit: http://www.essm.org/.
Click here for more information on how to apply for an ISSM Scholarship to attend the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine 2017.